Anonymous said: 13, 16, 21, 40, 42, 45, 47
So sorry for the delay in responding, Anon!
Here we go:
13:What’s your favorite writing quote?
"I hate writing. I love having written." ~ Dorothy Parker
16:How do you feel about movies based on books?
Some are wonderful, like the Harry Potter & Lord of the Rings series, and “Perks of Being a Wallflower”. Others are just a vast disappointment. I won’t name names.
21:Do you outline?
Yes. Some chapters in depth, some only loosely. And sometimes it still doesn’t help me get the words out right.
40:Which is your favorite original character, and why?
Just one? Ooh, that’s difficult. Eric Draven from (the original) The Crow is pretty high on my list. Eric Northman from the SVM series. Roland Deschain from The Dark Tower series. All strong characters who are broken somehow (Northman less so, but still.)
42:Do you enjoy making your characters suffer?
Do I enjoy it? Well, it makes for a better story when they are able to overcome whatever is making them suffer, so yes, for that real I guess I enjoy it. Nothing like some good angst. haha
45:What’s your favorite character name?
My own original character in my upcoming book. :)
47:If you could steal one character from another author and make then yours, who would it be and why?
Buffy Sommers. Because she’s the strongest female character I’ve ever seen in modern culture. (yes, that’s TV, but she still counts)
If anyone else has any questions, please just ask!
- 01: When did you first start writing?
- 02: What was your favorite book growing up?
- 03: Are you an avid reader?
- 04: Have you ever thrown a book across the room?
- 05: Did you take writing courses in school/college?
- 06: Have you read any writing-advice books?
- 07: Have you ever been part of a critique group?
- 08: What’s the best piece of feedback you’ve ever gotten?
- 09: What’s the worst piece of feedback you’ve ever gotten?
- 10: What’s your biggest writer pet-peeve?
- 11: What’s your favorite book cover?
- 12: Who is your favorite author?
- 13: What’s your favorite writing quote?
- 14: What’s your favorite writing blog? c;
- 15: What would you say has inspired you the most?
- 16: How do you feel about movies based on books?
- 17: Would you like your books to be turned into TV shows, movies, video games, or none?
- 18: How do you feel about love triangles?
- 19: Do you prefer writing on a computer or longhand?
- 20: What’s your favorite writing program?
- 21: Do you outline?
- 22: Do you start with characters or plot?
- 23: What’s your favorite & least favorite part of making characters?
- 24: What’s your favorite & least favorite part of plotting?
- 25: What advice would you give to young writers?
- 26: Which do you enjoy reading the most: physical, ebook, or both?
- 27: Which is your favorite genre to write?
- 28: Which do you find hardest: the beginning, the middle, or the end?
- 29: Which do you find easiest: writing or editing?
- 30: Have you ever written fan-fiction?
- 31: Have you ever been published?
- 32: How do you feel about friends and close relatives reading your work?
- 33: Are you interested in having your work published?
- 34: Describe your writing space.
- 35: What’s your favorite time of day for writing?
- 36: Do you listen to music when you write?
- 37: What’s your oldest WIP?
- 38: What’s your current WIP?
- 39: What’s the weirdest story idea you’ve ever had?
- 40: Which is your favorite original character, and why?
- 41: What do you do when characters don’t follow the outline?
- 42: Do you enjoy making your characters suffer?
- 43: Have you ever killed a main character?
- 44: What’s the weirdest character concept you’ve ever come up with?
- 45: What’s your favorite character name?
- 46: Describe your perfect writing space.
- 47: If you could steal one character from another author and make then yours, who would it be and why?
- 48: If you could write the next book of any series, which one would it be, and what would you make the book about?
- 49: If you could write a collaboration with another author, who would it be and what would you write about?
- 50: If you could live in any fictional world, which would it be?
Anonymous said: whats up with so many Damon posts thought u hated him now I don't feel sorry anymore that he is dead I am like stay dead :P
Hi Anon. I don’t hate him. I have not been a fan of how he’s been written a lot the past couple seasons, but I don’t hate him.